Saturday 22 October 2016

MOSES DREAMS JOSE DEFEAT AT THE BRIDGE




Nothing will gladden the heart of Nigeria international Victor Moses than to see former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho suffer a resounding defeat at the Bridge on Sunday (today). Moses who was mostly on loan while Jose was at the helm at the Bridge has not forgotten the bitter experience, noting that the former coach exiled him at Chelsea because "he had his own players"
A re-invigorated  Moses who shone like a million stars grabbing a goal in Chelsea 3-0 demolition of Leicester City, expressed delight that the new coach Antonio Conte has given him an opportunity to prove himself at the Bridge.
Moses is expected to keep his place in the Chelsea starting XI on the right of Conte's new 3-4-3 formation.
Asked if Jose had explained the decision to send him on loan to Liverpool, Stock City and West Ham respectively, the Super Eagles forward told ESPN  "I thought in my head, 'He's got his own players already'.
"I think we chatted a couple of times on the phone -- he asked if I was alright at Liverpool [where Moses spent the 2013-14 season on loan], but that was it."
Conte revealed after last Saturday's 3-0 win over Leicester City that he requested the chance to assess Moses in preseason when he began his duties as Chelsea head coach in July, and the Nigeria international says his new boss quickly made it clear that he was a fan.
"The manager came to me and said, 'I feel that you're working hard, I really enjoy watching you play and I don't want you to go out on loan'," Moses enthused.
"When he said that to me, I was really pleased.   To be honest, I just want to go out there, enjoy my football and work hard for him. He's played the game before, he understands it and he understands how players feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment