Monday 22 April 2024

Determined Ashleigh Plumptre vows to be back stronger

 


By Julius Okorie 

Super Falcons and Al-Ittihad of Saudi defender Ashleigh Plumptre has expressed optimism that she will return to action soon for both club and country stronger and better.

The former Leicester City star made the submission shortly after undergoing successful surgery in Saudi Arabia.

Recall that the 25 year old sustained injury while playing for her club last month, thus forcing her to be dropped after originally being named for two legged 2024 Olympic qualifier against Banyana Banyana of South Africa.

Interestingly the Super Falcons succeeded in picking one of the two tickets to the Olympics with the second slot going to Copper Queens of Zambia.

An elated Plumptre took to her X handle to reveal the success of the surgery on one hand and express gratitude to all who made it happen while promising to be back soon.

"Thank you to everyone at @ittiladiescluband to Dr Pieter D’Hooge at @Aspetar for supporting me through my first surgery.

It’s been a long time coming trying to get answers but I’m so grateful to now be at this stage.

To my @NGSuper_Falcons teammates and Nigerian fans… thank you for your patience and understanding when I’ve not been able to be with you. I can honestly say I have fought as hard and for as long as I can with this pain. I can’t wait to be back healthy with you all

My club - @ittiladiesclub I’m so grateful to be surrounded by some really great humans at this club. Thank you, all of you, for helping me through and supporting me every step of the way 💛 Back soon 🏽🧘🏽

With the 2024 Olympics still about three months away, Plumptre stands a good chance of making the party to Paris as the Super Falcons plot an improved appearance at the Olympics.

 Nigeria will be playing in Group C in Paris against World Cup champions Spain, Japan and Brazil.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment